- One of the most promising and rapidly growing pharmaceutical market in West Africa
- More than 120 pharma formulation manufacturing facilities
- Growth rate of 12% annually
- The estimated market size would be US$ million 717 (2011) ( US$ 600 million in 2007)
- 60 per cent of drug manufacturing in the ECOWAS (Economic Community of West African States) sub-region takes place in Nigeria, underlining the huge sub regional market
- In 2009, WHO in collaboration with NAFDAC, developed Nigerian Good Manufacturing Practices (NGMP). Subsequently, training workshops were organised by WHO for both PMG-MAN and NAFDAC on this subject. The appropriate application of these principles will enhance local manufacturing standards and improve the quality of locally produced medicines.